Slow processing speed of computers is always annoying and it also causes waste of time. Temporary Internet files, Recent Documents, files stored in recycle bin, system processing logs results in reduction of processing speed of computer having Windows 7. Also irregular arrangement of data files in various drives causes decrease in computer processing speed. This problems can be solved using system tools as Disk Cleanup and Disk Derangement. Here we will discuss on the way of using these both tools in Windows 7.
Method 1: Disk Cleanup
- You can find this tool from start menu using this path.
- START > All programs > Accessories > System Tools > DISK CLEANUP
- As you open disk cleanup, you will find the dialogue box asking for the drive you wanted to cleanup. In that box you have to enter the drive.
- After you enter the drive it will be processed. After process is completed new dialogue box for disk cleanup will open.
- In that box you will be shown the list of the files with their size which are unnecessary for your computer. You may delete unwanted files from that list. Also remember that the files deleted from this way, is deleted permanently.
- It can’t be restored because these files do not store in recycle bin. So selection of files to be deleted is carried out very carefully.
Method 2: Disk derangement
As we store the data in computer, it is stored according to creation time in hard drive. This cluttered data causes reduction in processing speed of computer. Disk defragmenter is the system tool which rearranges the data stored in different drives inn hard disc. This rearrange data can be processed faster than the fragmented data.
- To start the defragmenter follow this path.
- START > All programs > Accessories > System Tools > DISK DEFRAGMENTER
- When you open disk defragmenter a dialogue box will open.
- In that dialogue box the list of all drives will be given. Below that list two buttons are provided which are “Analyze disk” and “Defragment now”.
- The option “Analyze disk” is used to analyze a separate disk drive and to know how much portion of that drive is fragmented.
- The other option Defragment disk is utilize to rearrange the data stored in a particular drive.
- After all the drives are defragmented you can close this dialogue box.
If you don’t want to defragment your disk drives manually at every time in Windows 7, you can schedule it to run this process at your desired time period.